- Attaining New Overdrives for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Chocobo Hot and Cold Mini-Game in Final Fantasy IX
- Date with Tifa or Ö.Barrett in Final Fantasy VII
- Emerald Weapon Battle Made Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy IX Quick Tip: The Ragtime Mouse
- Final Fantasy IX Review
- Final Fantasy VII Quick Tip: Get Tons of Gil!
- Final Fantasy VII Walkthrough Disc 1
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Review
- Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Review
- Final Fantasy X Review
- Finding Legendary Weapons for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Finding Spiraís Hidden Locations in Final Fantasy X
- Finding the Al Bhed Primers in Final Fantasy X
- Getting Anima as Your Own Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Adrammalech Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting the Yojimbo Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Zodiac Spear in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting Vincent in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1, 2, and 3 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1-4 in Final Fantasy IX
- How to Beat Bosses 10, 11, and 12 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 13, 14, and 15 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 16 Ė 20 in Final Fantasy VII
- How To Beat Bosses 21-24 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat bosses 24-29 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 4, 5, and 6 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 7, 8, and 9 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat the final five bosses in Final Fantasy VII
- How to get the Magus Sisters Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- How to get Yuffie in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Have Unlimited Items in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Obtain the Zalera Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Locations of the Jecht Spheres in Final Fantasy X
- Making the Ruby Weapon Battle Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Quick Tips For Final Fantasy XII: Getting The Demonsbane
- Special Materia Caves in Final Fantasy VII
- Tetra Master: The Card Game in Final Fantasy IX
- The Fishing Mini-Game in Final Fantasy XII
- Various Summon Materia Locations in Final Fantasy VII
- Where to Find The Charactersí Ultimate Weapons in Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Review
Visually, this movie is stunning! The graphics are completely amazing! I seriously have not experienced CG Animation work so perfect! Square Enix spent quite a bit of money on this project, and I have to assume it paid off! Japan alone purchased millions of copies! Itís hard to imagine a more perfect sequel to Final Fantasy VII, one of the most beloved games of the franchise. Well, I can imagine one, but the only real difference is that it is a playable video game! Square! You need to make a new Final Fantasy VII! Whether you create a PS3 version of the original game, or you make a great sequel. You just need to do it! I miss these characters too much and I donít always have the chance to play my PSOne!
ÖAnyhooÖ I just canít get over how gorgeous this movie is! Itís completely flawless to the eye! But thatís not even the best part! The fight scenes are so well crafted and interesting to watch! The first scene, Tifaís fight scene, and many more! All fans of the game will have to be excited to see it all! Alright, letís just dive into the review.
Letís start with the music. The music of FFVII: AC is such an exciting throwback to the original video game! There are quite a few new pieces involved in the movie, as well, but my favorite part was, again, in Tifaís fight scene. There are two pieces of music that call our memories back to those silly little polygonal characters running around! If only to say the least, the music fits the movie and the movie fits the music. But itís really so much more than that! Not only does it all fit together overall, but each scene has different music that works perfectly for that particular scene! Itís really all well-placed! I couldnít have done a review without talking about the music. It simply would not have been fair at all! Iím certain Iím leaving something else out, but oh well. Time to move onÖ
The storyline is of course one of the most important aspects of this movie. The writers must have expected it to go under some major scrutiny from the fans. Those writers, in turn, did not even come near disappointing! There are a few things that I wish were a bit different, but all I would really do is make the movie longer and add more fighting or something. I would mangle the entire thing out of sheer excitement! So, I suppose itís best I wasnít consulted on this project. But who of us wouldnít love to see a Final Fantasy VII movie that lasts as long as the game?? Possibly a movie incarnation of the original game, itself!? Alright, letís talk about something else before I bore you with all of my plans.
The characters, of course, are the characters from the game, but thatís possibly one of the most difficult things to live up to. Again, Iím not disappointed. Tifa is most certainly Tifa, Cloud is most certainly Cloud, Barrett is Barrett, and thatís the way it should be. Of course, one of the things I would have loved most is to see the other characters more. Especially Yuffie! She makes me laugh!
Now, I know I talked about the fight scenes earlier on, but theyíre to die for! The surreal environment makes for some really cool tricks and the CG aspect makes for a better picture of whatís going on. They didnít have to deal with the limitations of conventional equipment because itís just animations. Still, on a great many occasions, I found I was asking myself ďHow did they do that??Ē Thatís how great the CG really is! Itís like watching a live action movie, except they can do a lot more amazing things this way! That last comment proves true only if you actually watch the movie. Youíll find that itís better than a great number of movies out there in terms of action!
Alright, letís get to the scores
Plot receives nine out of ten
Graphics receive a fifteen out of ten (Theyíre THAT good! Iím not exaggerating in the slightest!)
Characters get a nine out of ten. Sadly, there just werenít enough scenes with all the characters.
Music gets a nine out of ten
Overall, that leaves us with a score of forty-two out of forty! Thanks to the beautiful graphics, we beat our maximum score! YAY US!
Before I end this review, I just want to make sure everyone out there understands: In order to truly love this movie as I did, you will most likely need to be a fan of the game Final Fantasy VII. I mean, itís not necessarily true, though. I watched this with my brother who has never played an FF game in his life, except for a tiny bit of FFX, and he thought it was really cool. He was stunned by the incredible graphics and the awesome fight scenes. So, I donít know. Maybe Iím wrong, but I know that familiarity with these characters and their previous journey really helps you feel attachment toward them. Even so, I would still recommend all of you go out there and buy it!