- Attaining New Overdrives for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Chocobo Hot and Cold Mini-Game in Final Fantasy IX
- Date with Tifa or Ö.Barrett in Final Fantasy VII
- Emerald Weapon Battle Made Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy IX Quick Tip: The Ragtime Mouse
- Final Fantasy IX Review
- Final Fantasy VII Quick Tip: Get Tons of Gil!
- Final Fantasy VII Walkthrough Disc 1
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Review
- Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Review
- Final Fantasy X Review
- Finding Legendary Weapons for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Finding Spiraís Hidden Locations in Final Fantasy X
- Finding the Al Bhed Primers in Final Fantasy X
- Getting Anima as Your Own Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Adrammalech Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting the Yojimbo Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Zodiac Spear in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting Vincent in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1, 2, and 3 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1-4 in Final Fantasy IX
- How to Beat Bosses 10, 11, and 12 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 13, 14, and 15 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 16 Ė 20 in Final Fantasy VII
- How To Beat Bosses 21-24 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat bosses 24-29 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 4, 5, and 6 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 7, 8, and 9 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat the final five bosses in Final Fantasy VII
- How to get the Magus Sisters Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- How to get Yuffie in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Have Unlimited Items in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Obtain the Zalera Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Locations of the Jecht Spheres in Final Fantasy X
- Making the Ruby Weapon Battle Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Quick Tips For Final Fantasy XII: Getting The Demonsbane
- Special Materia Caves in Final Fantasy VII
- Tetra Master: The Card Game in Final Fantasy IX
- The Fishing Mini-Game in Final Fantasy XII
- Various Summon Materia Locations in Final Fantasy VII
- Where to Find The Charactersí Ultimate Weapons in Final Fantasy
Quick Tips For Final Fantasy XII: Getting The Demonsbane
So, whether you just canít figure it out, or you simply want to have all those awesome hidden items characteristic of the games in the Final Fantasy series, youíve come to the right place. Here is the path to the great Demonsbane Sword. (It adds 59 points to your attack power! Awesome!)
While you are in the Tomb of King Raithwall, you will note that the beginning area has a waystone in the middle. This is not activated yet, but just past this waystone, you will walk along a bridge and get attacked by a Demon Wall. This one doesnít have to be defeated, but you get rewarded by Clan Centurio later on if you do take care of it and you need to defeat it in order to get the sword. So, just suck it up and win the fight.
After you beat it, you will see the area that it came from has a little flashing light. Donít touch it yet. Just go forward through the tomb and beat the second demon wall. He has to be killed, so you canít yell at me for telling you to beat him. After the fight, simply go through the area as you would any other dungeon in the game. Now, once you activate the jewel that makes the alter come down, go backwards. This altar will take you to Belias, but you want to get the sword while it is still available this way. (You can still get it another way, which I will outline below, but that requires more steps to be taken, so just go back now.) Head back to the save point and save your game. Go into beginning room again and activate that first demon wallís flashing jewel. It will allow you access to some areas off of the map. You can take either the left or right path, but just go through one already! Walk down the stairs all the way to the bottom and in the middle of the balcony is a chest that will have either the Demonsbane sword, or a random treasure. That is why I had you save your game. If you do not get the Demonsbane sword, simply restart your PS2 and Go back into the room to open the chest again in hopes that you have now received the sword. Repeat if necessary.
If you donít get the sword during your first trip to the tomb, just defeat Belias and do whatever you wanted to do. If you still want it, head back in and touch the flashing stone behind the first demon wall. You have to have defeated the first demon wall on your first visit in order to get the sword.
Now, simply do as outlined above and head either left or right and then into the room with all the staircases leading downward. Make it to the chest and see if the sword is in there. It is believed that after the Tomb of Raithwallís events have unfolded, the likelihood of the sword being in the chest is lowered significantly, but I canít say for sure. Just try it as many times as you need to in order to get the sword. Good luck!
**Some people say you can get the Demonsbane multiple times, therefore giving you some good loot to sell, but I havenít been able to. Either itís much harder to get once you have one, or itís impossible. Youíre more than welcome to try it, but I just moved on through the game without it troubling me much.
more info. thanks for Brian Connery for sharing these tidbits.
I just read your tips on acquiring the Demonsbane in Final Fantasy 12. It is, indeed, possible to get an unlimited amount of the sword.
What you need to do is as follows:
save at the crystal outside the tomb (you will be restarting a lot), go to where the treasure chest is located. If you do not receive the sword, then simply restart and try again. However, if you do receive the sword, save at the crystal outside the tomb and soft reset (this readjusts the Random Number Generator (RNG), thus potentially replacing the chest and possibly the sword.) repeat as desired.
I was able to get 99 swords over the course of about 15 hours or so. In addition to this there are methods to manually adjust the RNG in order to put the item in the chest, but i did not use those methods in any way, shape, or form.
and, to clarify, I did not even attempt to fight the first demon wall on my first visit to the tomb.