- Attaining New Overdrives for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Chocobo Hot and Cold Mini-Game in Final Fantasy IX
- Date with Tifa or ….Barrett in Final Fantasy VII
- Emerald Weapon Battle Made Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy IX Quick Tip: The Ragtime Mouse
- Final Fantasy IX Review
- Final Fantasy VII Quick Tip: Get Tons of Gil!
- Final Fantasy VII Walkthrough Disc 1
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Review
- Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Review
- Final Fantasy X Review
- Finding Legendary Weapons for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Finding Spira’s Hidden Locations in Final Fantasy X
- Finding the Al Bhed Primers in Final Fantasy X
- Getting Anima as Your Own Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Adrammalech Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting the Yojimbo Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Zodiac Spear in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting Vincent in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1, 2, and 3 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1-4 in Final Fantasy IX
- How to Beat Bosses 10, 11, and 12 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 13, 14, and 15 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 16 – 20 in Final Fantasy VII
- How To Beat Bosses 21-24 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat bosses 24-29 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 4, 5, and 6 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 7, 8, and 9 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat the final five bosses in Final Fantasy VII
- How to get the Magus Sisters Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- How to get Yuffie in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Have Unlimited Items in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Obtain the Zalera Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Locations of the Jecht Spheres in Final Fantasy X
- Making the Ruby Weapon Battle Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Quick Tips For Final Fantasy XII: Getting The Demonsbane
- Special Materia Caves in Final Fantasy VII
- Tetra Master: The Card Game in Final Fantasy IX
- The Fishing Mini-Game in Final Fantasy XII
- Various Summon Materia Locations in Final Fantasy VII
- Where to Find The Characters’ Ultimate Weapons in Final Fantasy
How to Obtain the Zalera Esper in Final Fantasy XII
Okay, so this is definitely one of the top three difficult fights for me in the game. Whether I went in unprepared or whatever, it was still tough.
First, you have to complete the little side quest where you take the flower from the guy in the desert post village to the girl taking care of the traveler in the village by the bank of the big river. It takes a while, but I just did it so I could finish it. I found out about its relevance to Zalera and the Barheim Passage way later. So, once you’ve finished this side quest, you’ll get the Barheim Key and you’ll be able to enter the passage that was blocked off due to events earlier in the game. This is the place you went to after breaking Basch out of prison.
When you enter the passage through this new entrance, head forward and then to the save point. You’re going to need it. After the save point, head backwards from it and go to the right into a newer area. I recommend exploring the area a bit first in order to find out whether or not the bad guys are too much for you right now. If so, you might want to head back, (although, I did defeat Zalera after running from every other enemy. I was too weak for them, but I also used almost all my items in the Zalera battle, so it’s your choice).
Simply take the path that leads you deeper into the passage. You’ll soon come across a bunch of undead enemies. Fight them or run away. Make your way over to the next save crystal. Save here. Cast Haste, Protect, Shell, Bubble, Faith, and Bravery on your party and save again. Now, go forward a bit more and there is Zalera. Are you sure you’re ready for this? I warned you!
Well, for a good portion of the battle, Zalera will be immune to anything. Attacks, magic, etc. You need to defeat his little friends first. He’ll summon them two more times after you beat the first batch and then he’ll be ready to take some damage. Oh, and the battle is timed. You lose if the timer goes off, so beat him quick. I simply used my mist quickenings on him at this point because after many failures, I found out that he re-summons his group of friends after barely any time, meaning you have to do a bunch of damage in a tiny amount of time. Now, he’s brought is buddies back, so repeat the killings and then focus on Zalera again. Use the mists that you can right now (if your party isn’t targeted, you’re lucky enough to be able to switch in another character and use their mists. If you can’t switch party members, simply use what mists you can and do your best to charge and use them really quickly.)
It took me three separate rounds of mists before he died and they were high chains (two of them above ten!) so it might take you a few tries. Once you defeat Zalera, you have that esper and also a new path to the Garamsythe Waterway.