- Attaining New Overdrives for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Chocobo Hot and Cold Mini-Game in Final Fantasy IX
- Date with Tifa or ….Barrett in Final Fantasy VII
- Emerald Weapon Battle Made Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy IX Quick Tip: The Ragtime Mouse
- Final Fantasy IX Review
- Final Fantasy VII Quick Tip: Get Tons of Gil!
- Final Fantasy VII Walkthrough Disc 1
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Review
- Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Review
- Final Fantasy X Review
- Finding Legendary Weapons for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Finding Spira’s Hidden Locations in Final Fantasy X
- Finding the Al Bhed Primers in Final Fantasy X
- Getting Anima as Your Own Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Adrammalech Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting the Yojimbo Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Zodiac Spear in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting Vincent in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1, 2, and 3 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1-4 in Final Fantasy IX
- How to Beat Bosses 10, 11, and 12 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 13, 14, and 15 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 16 – 20 in Final Fantasy VII
- How To Beat Bosses 21-24 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat bosses 24-29 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 4, 5, and 6 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 7, 8, and 9 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat the final five bosses in Final Fantasy VII
- How to get the Magus Sisters Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- How to get Yuffie in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Have Unlimited Items in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Obtain the Zalera Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Locations of the Jecht Spheres in Final Fantasy X
- Making the Ruby Weapon Battle Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Quick Tips For Final Fantasy XII: Getting The Demonsbane
- Special Materia Caves in Final Fantasy VII
- Tetra Master: The Card Game in Final Fantasy IX
- The Fishing Mini-Game in Final Fantasy XII
- Various Summon Materia Locations in Final Fantasy VII
- Where to Find The Characters’ Ultimate Weapons in Final Fantasy
Getting the Adrammalech Esper in Final Fantasy XII
This probably wasn’t the toughest fight for me in the game, but it was definitely one of the top five. Just be wary. It’s not just him that you’re fighting. In this area, there are a bunch of monsters/zombies that come after you while you’re trying to beat “Addie”…that’s what I like to call him.
You can find Adrammalech in Zertinan Caverns in the Athroza Quicksands area. You will know this area because the map should become screwy and fuzzy. Before heading forward anymore, cast Haste, Protect, Shell, Bubble, Bravery, and Faith on your party. This gives you the upper hand by speeding you up, raising your physical defense, your magical defense, your physical attack, and your magic attack. Bubble is my favorite, though, as it doubles your max hp for a certain amount of time. Now go start the fight.
So, once you've launched into it all, you will notice that the monsters come out of the ground when you pass the area just like when you wander around in any other place in the game. So, Addie’s not summoning them himself. They’re just coming up on their own, so if you are able to keep the battle in a smaller radius, you should have a lot less trouble defeating him. But, I really wouldn’t recommend starting the battle until you’ve gotten strong enough to beat a bunch of bad guys at once, anyway.
Just watch out for his large attacks that he prepares for. These can do some pretty good damage to your characters, (sometimes even half your hp, depending on the level of the fighter). He has some strong normal attacks, too, but they’re not much of a threat by themselves. It’s just the combination of the two that can really bring you down, so make sure you have a character with a gambit set to cure any ally with hp below 70%. If you have a good amount of MP to waste, set it so that your curing character uses Curaja on anyone with hp below 70%. That way, everyone’s getting healed almost constantly. After you’re completely prepared and you’ve grown to understand his strengths and weaknesses, the battle should be a piece of cake and you’ve finally got yourself one of the optional esper summons.
Good luck! Have fun!