- Attaining New Overdrives for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Chocobo Hot and Cold Mini-Game in Final Fantasy IX
- Date with Tifa or Ö.Barrett in Final Fantasy VII
- Emerald Weapon Battle Made Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy IX Quick Tip: The Ragtime Mouse
- Final Fantasy IX Review
- Final Fantasy VII Quick Tip: Get Tons of Gil!
- Final Fantasy VII Walkthrough Disc 1
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Review
- Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Review
- Final Fantasy X Review
- Finding Legendary Weapons for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Finding Spiraís Hidden Locations in Final Fantasy X
- Finding the Al Bhed Primers in Final Fantasy X
- Getting Anima as Your Own Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Adrammalech Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting the Yojimbo Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Zodiac Spear in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting Vincent in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1, 2, and 3 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1-4 in Final Fantasy IX
- How to Beat Bosses 10, 11, and 12 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 13, 14, and 15 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 16 Ė 20 in Final Fantasy VII
- How To Beat Bosses 21-24 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat bosses 24-29 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 4, 5, and 6 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 7, 8, and 9 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat the final five bosses in Final Fantasy VII
- How to get the Magus Sisters Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- How to get Yuffie in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Have Unlimited Items in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Obtain the Zalera Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Locations of the Jecht Spheres in Final Fantasy X
- Making the Ruby Weapon Battle Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Quick Tips For Final Fantasy XII: Getting The Demonsbane
- Special Materia Caves in Final Fantasy VII
- Tetra Master: The Card Game in Final Fantasy IX
- The Fishing Mini-Game in Final Fantasy XII
- Various Summon Materia Locations in Final Fantasy VII
- Where to Find The Charactersí Ultimate Weapons in Final Fantasy
How to Beat Bosses 1-4 in Final Fantasy IX
Well, technically, Baku is your first boss, but weíre going to skip past him. In this game, itís a bit subjective as to what is an actual fight and who is an actual boss, so Iím just going to write about the battles that I think are boss battles. If you disagree, you can come up with a compelling argument and send it over to me and Iíll consider writing about it.
Anyway, onto the battle withÖ
Start out this battle by using Viviís Fire and Steinerís Flame Sword. Use a couple of potions if you need to, as well. After you deal enough damage, Blank will come in and help you a little bit with this battle. From here, all you have to do is physically attack until itís over.
Black Waltz #1
The next boss battle precedes a couple more as it is the first of the Black Waltz baddies. They resemble Vivi and that causes great concern to the little guy. For the most part, focus your attacks on the Black Waltz himself as he has the ability to heal. Then, youíre free to kill his pet. Itís too bad the battle isnít over when the owner dies, though. Oh well. Heal Zidane as often as needed, as you might be able to get go into Trance mode with him. His Dyne Trance will help the party win this battle a lot quicker.
The next battle is (drumroll)
Black Waltz #2
This battleís only slightly harder than the last Black Waltz battle, which is good, because youíve had time to strengthen your characters a bit.
Dagger is going to be your healing character because she has the strongest cures of the bunch. Zidane is going to use physical attacks. Make sure you DONíT use Viviís black magic because the Black Waltz will just one-up you and do a stronger version of it to show off. You can use Steinerís magic sword abilities, though. Theyíre quite effective. If dagger canít heal anymore, switch her with Vivi. Since heís not a very strong attacker anyway, and he canít use magic, itís best to have him heal. If heís got a weapon that affords him that ability, then use his mp to heal, but if not, just use his turns for potions. If you need to use both of them to heal, I suppose that would work, too, but just KEEP YOUR HP UP. That way, this battle is a piece of cake.
Black Waltz #3
This is by far, the most frustrating of the Black Waltz battles. Heís way more difficult than the other two, which puts you up a bit unprepared. I died the most times fighting him. More times than any other boss in the game because I prepared myself for them, but you canít really do much before fighting him.
Use all of the strategies set in the last battle for every character EXCEPT for Vivi. He will start the battle in Trance mode because he is upset about the deaths of all the other black mages, so make good use of his double magic attacks. Just use a few potions if you need to heal yourself (Iíd expect you need to at some point.)