- Attaining New Overdrives for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Chocobo Hot and Cold Mini-Game in Final Fantasy IX
- Date with Tifa or Ö.Barrett in Final Fantasy VII
- Emerald Weapon Battle Made Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy IX Quick Tip: The Ragtime Mouse
- Final Fantasy IX Review
- Final Fantasy VII Quick Tip: Get Tons of Gil!
- Final Fantasy VII Walkthrough Disc 1
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Review
- Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus Review
- Final Fantasy X Review
- Finding Legendary Weapons for Each Character in Final Fantasy X
- Finding Spiraís Hidden Locations in Final Fantasy X
- Finding the Al Bhed Primers in Final Fantasy X
- Getting Anima as Your Own Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Adrammalech Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting the Yojimbo Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- Getting the Zodiac Spear in Final Fantasy XII
- Getting Vincent in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1, 2, and 3 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 1-4 in Final Fantasy IX
- How to Beat Bosses 10, 11, and 12 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 13, 14, and 15 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 16 Ė 20 in Final Fantasy VII
- How To Beat Bosses 21-24 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat bosses 24-29 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 4, 5, and 6 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Beat Bosses 7, 8, and 9 in Final Fantasy VII
- How to beat the final five bosses in Final Fantasy VII
- How to get the Magus Sisters Aeon in Final Fantasy X
- How to get Yuffie in Your Party in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Have Unlimited Items in Final Fantasy VII
- How to Obtain the Zalera Esper in Final Fantasy XII
- Locations of the Jecht Spheres in Final Fantasy X
- Making the Ruby Weapon Battle Easy in Final Fantasy VII
- Quick Tips For Final Fantasy XII: Getting The Demonsbane
- Special Materia Caves in Final Fantasy VII
- Tetra Master: The Card Game in Final Fantasy IX
- The Fishing Mini-Game in Final Fantasy XII
- Various Summon Materia Locations in Final Fantasy VII
- Where to Find The Charactersí Ultimate Weapons in Final Fantasy
How to Beat Bosses 7, 8, and 9 in Final Fantasy VII
So, this kind of continues from the last article (boses 4, 5, and 6), but itís a different battle. We just pick up where we left off with Cloud and Aeris being left behind in the Shinra Tower while the rest of the party fights on the elevators.Now, letís join Cloud as he battles the new head of Shinra.
Rufus (and his pet panther-type thing)
Rufus isnít too tough of a battle. You donít get to save from the last two battles you did with the other party members, so it would be really tough if the game made you fight a really tough guy with only cloud. Just use magic to attack him since he has a barrier around him. Cure yourself when needed and use limit breaks when available. You should have him defeated in a manner of minutes and heíll escape into his helicopter.
The next battle comes soon after. You finally get to escape the building. Once you do and you make it to the end of the highway, youíll encounter the Motor BallÖ
Heís not really all that difficult. I was a little irritated when he nearly killed me while I was playing. I didnít want to do the motorcycle thingy again. But it all worked out. Just make sure to heal your characters as his flame attacks can cause quite a bit of damage. Again, limit breaks and attacks when you can really go a long way in this battle. Thatís going to be the way it is until you and your characters develop a bit more throughout the game. Just disperse your material in a fashion that allows you to heal with one character, and magic attack with the other two. That way, you donít immediately lose all the MP one character has to offer. Battle with this setup and you should have the boss taken care of in a timely manner.
FINALLY! Weíre out of Midgar!
Now, youíll head over to Kalm Town and into the Inn with everyone so Cloud can explain all about Sephiroth. Youíll then rest up, head out to the Chocobo Farm, and begin battle with the Midgar Zolom.
Just off to the side of the Chocobo Farm is a marshland that is guarded by a gigantic snake called the Midgar Zolom. You can avoid this battle completely, but itís such a pain to catch a chocobo and then you donít get the exp points, now do you? So, if you want to avoid it, go catch a chocobo and just try to stay away from the snake shadow you see. He can still attack you if youíre struck while riding a chocobo, so watch out. I once avoided him while running on foot, but Iíve not been able to do it since, so just be prepared to fight him if you try that.
Youíll enter into the battle with the thing and already, itís size is intimidating. He can use his Tail Swipe attack, which knocks a character out of the battle completely. Itís actually quite a nice thing for him to do, though, because if he knocks someone out, theyíll just come grab everyone and drag them out of the marsh if you lose the battle. Pretty Handy!
He also has his Beta Enemy skill which causes 1000+ damage to a character. If you have weak guys, you might want to steer clear of this altogether. Iíve beaten him plenty of times at this point in the game, but itís much, much easier later on. Just attack and heal yourself as needed. Thatís all you can really do. If you have the Enemy Skill materia, try to obtain his Beta Enemy attack.
Once the battle is over and you leave the marsh, youíll come across one of the Midgar Zolom creatures, but heís been beaten and impaled on a giant tree trunk. Since weíre following Sephiroth, we know how tough he must be, right? Heís the only one who could have done such a crazy thing!